Translate

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Morning Run

Part of my self care routine while in Eldoret will be some early morning jogging around the city. I was awoken this morning early by the nieghboring rooster and dogs, helping to motivate me to get out of bed and get running.

Eldoret is at an elevation of approximately 2200 meters above sea level, which is higher in elevation then Denver, Colorado (1600m). So a morning jog after the first week at this elevation required several breaks to catch my breath. This region of Kenya known as the Western highlands is home to many of the Kalenjin runners who dominate long distance running the world over.

On my way home from my jog, I passed an artful local Hindu Temple here in Eldoret and was struck by the beauty of the building in the morning light. A small gift for getting out of bed early to take care of my body and mind.